Reports To: Managing Director
Works directly with: Festival Director, Accounts, Volunteers, Marketing, Administrator, Production, Publicity, Hospitality
Duration: 6th December 2021 – 11th March 2022
Salary: €500 per week
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Volunteers Co-Ordinator will work with the Festival Director, Accounts, Volunteers, Administrator, Production, and Hospitality to organise and co-ordinate the volunteers who are an integral part of the Festival.
- To draft Volunteers handbook and application forms;
- To select the Festival Volunteers and communicate with all applicants regarding their applications
- To devise the Volunteer pre- recruitment Information Day and post-recruitment Induction Day (in conjunction with the Production Manager, Managing Director Festival Director, and Marketing Manager)
- To liaise with the Managing Director regarding budgets and allocation of resources around the festival and ensure that those targets are adhered to.
- To train all Volunteers, in all roles and as ambassadors of DIFF
- To work with the Marketing team to ensure all volunteers are fully up to speed with all branding and identity of the festival.
- To manage all administration regarding the Volunteers Programme
- To ensure ongoing dialogue with Volunteers ensuring engagement and connection with the Festival
- To manage the Volunteers’ Facebook page
- To liaise with all Department heads regarding areas of Volunteer support and to ensure that Volunteers are rostered in these areas where feasible
- To devise and implement Volunteer rosters in liaison with the Production Manager
- To draft Volunteer’s call-out sheets
- To circulate the Volunteer call-out in conjunction with the Marketing team, to ensure good spread of audience development objectives are met among volunteer call-out (ie to student film clubs/entertainment offices in universities/language schools etc.)
- To liaise with Production Manager to ensure turn out at the annual Volunteers Quiz
- To co-ordinate the voting for all Volunteer Awards
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to manage workloads within tight schedules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, warm, outgoing person
Applicants must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland
How to apply: Send a cv and cover letter outlining your experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 11th November 2021.
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and ethnicities.