Theatre School and Arts Administrator
Administrator needed for fast paced job in Theatre School
Please include a cover letter and a CV with your application stating how you might fit into this role in a stage school.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
ITW has 600+ students in three locations across Dublin and offers classes for children ages 3-18 in singing, dancing, acting, speech & drama and musical theatre with many performance opportunities throughout the year. Classes run from September to May with summer camps in June and July.
Theatre School and Arts Administrator at The Independent Theatre Workshop, Dublin 6
Deadline: Tuesday 15th December
Start date: On or before January 4th 2020
The Independent Theatre Workshop seeks a Theatre School and Arts Administrator
Hours: 20 Hours per week minimum
School and Arts Administration Responsibilities include:
- Work with a custom-built online database to manage student and teacher accounts.
- Responsible for managing school fee invoices, new student bookings and responding to queries as they arise.
- First line of contact for queries on phone, email, etc. – must be able to converse freely and inform parents about our dance, drama, singing, and musical theatre classes.
- Planning and facilitating yearly events and school timetables.
- Act as key point of communication between teachers, administrative staff and parents.
- Responsible for marketing/PR/social media updates and advertisement.
- Strategic and safety planning for COVID 19 protocols.
- Creative coordination of ITW Camp Programmes.
- Support drama and singing exams and recitals where necessary.
- The right candidate for this position must be willing to be flexible if events or productions arise outside of normal hours and require their assistance.
ITW Management Responsibilities
- Day to day involves:
- Liaising with casting directors on behalf of students.
- Sending and tracking of client invoices and payments.
- Coordinating and updating of client CV’s and ITW Management Contracts
- Booking and facilitation of ITW Management Photoshoots
- Facilitating workshops and information sessions for parents and students on ITW Management and Self Taping
Essential Requirements and Skills for Position :
- Must have legal permission to work in Ireland.
- Must pass Garda vetting and have a child protection certificate or open to attending a child protection course.
- At least 1 year’s experience in office administration.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience engaging with children and families.
- Skilled in working flexibly and multitasking.
- Experience dealing directly with the public.
- Ability to work in fast paced, diverse environment.
- Experience using Mac OS and Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficient in handling day to day finances for the school
- Ability to engage parents and students with courtesy and enthusiasm
- Interest in performing arts
Desirable Skills (preferred, not essential)
- Knowledge of Squarespace, iMovie, Google Docs and Canva
- Knowledge of performing arts industry in Dublin
- Proven ability to manage events, such as shows, performances, exams
- Knowledge of policy management and development. E.g. GDPR, Child Protection and Welfare and Covid-19 Compliance
Leave A Comment