Pálás cinema is seeking a part-time digital projectionist to oversee projection in our 3 screen cinema. Pálás is operated by Element Pictures, the innovators behind Light House Cinema in Dublin and Europe’s leading Production Company.
Duties will include: projecting for the Pálás film programmes and private hires, film transport coordination, general equipment upkeep and maintenance of digital projectors, servers, and sound equipment and technical and facilities support for the business overall.
Applicant must have flexible availability including nights, weekends and daytime; the majority of shifts being midweek day time hours. Screenings are held seven days a week. This is a flexible part-time position with a base of 3 days, but depending on events may be more.
- Advanced technical skills and experience as a projectionist in digital cinema.
- Ability to handle and project from a wide array of digital formats (Blu-ray,
- ProRes, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) as well as occasionally HDCam, DigiBeta, etc.
- Ability to create DCPs from materials provided by distributors and/or programming partners.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix problems under pressure.
- High organisational and communication skills.
- Calm, friendly and professional demeanour working in an often high-stress environment.
- Professional and easy-going attitude in working with outside clients including filmmakers, production houses, distributors, festivals etc.
The closing date for applicants is the 18th of December. Applications can be sent to the email included above with ‘Projectionist role’ in the subject line.
Apply Now / Email: jobs @ palas.ie
Deadline: December 18th