GAIETY THEATRE JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT VENUE MANAGER
VENUE: GAIETY THEATRE
REPORT TO: GENERAL MANAGER
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will support and assist in maximising the profitability, service and presentation of the theatre as well as ensuring a safe environment for all visitors and staff within the theatre. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and have strong leadership, organisational and financial skills together with proven experience of successfully managing a large front of house team.
- To assist in the smooth operational running of the Work closely with Event Programming and Ticketing building on a day-to-day basis. in the set up and announcement of upcoming events.
- Duty Manage: being responsible for the building, Analyse reports and budgets working closely with all
Health & Safety and wellbeing of all patrons, staff and departments to create financial settlements for visiting companies. events.
- To ensure that rosters are prepared by for all Primary liaison for stage door department and departments, ensuring and adequate cover is provided Security contractors, responsible for rostering and in the most cost efficient manner and to ensure cost administration effectiveness with regard to staffing. Promote and maintain compliance of the Company’s
- Maintain and promote the “Customer is King” mentality Health & Safety policies and procedures throughout the building and with all staff old and new. Assist the General Manager in the accurate
- Communicate effectively with all staff, contractors and completion of all administrative and financial returns stakeholders ensuring appropriate information relating for the venue. to events is distributed and understood. Induct and Train new members of the team and
- Adopt a proactive hands-on approach in record and manage training accordingly. implementing and ensuring best practice and industry Liaise with Promoters and Production companies standards across all operations. over a variety of events.
- Undertake projects within the building as required
- Be responsible for all customer communications and and manage these from conception to completion. administrative tasks relating to this.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Third level qualification. Extensive health and safety knowledge, especially of
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar environment its practical application within the context of both a
- A strong knowledge of HR and workplace practises. venue, and live events
- Proven Microsoft Office and computer operating skills A resilient, determined, positive, collaborative attitude
- Financial aptitude; capable of working with budgets, towards your role and your colleagues. settlements and analysing reports. Knowledge/Experience of box office and ticketing
- Focused on delivering high levels of customer systems service. Knowledge and experience in cash handling
- Strong ability to prioritise and manage both procedures. administration and practical elements of a task Skills in leading, training and developing staff through to completion.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Extensive health and safety knowledge, especially of its practical application within the context of both a venue, and live events
- A resilient, determined, positive, collaborative attitude towards your role and your colleagues.
- Knowledge/Experience of box office and ticketing systems
- Knowledge and experience in cash handling procedures.
- Skills in leading, training and developing staff
Salary commensurate with experience.Flexibility required regarding working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations:The Gaiety Theatre will follow all public health and government advice relating to Covid-19 in the workplace at all times.
To apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org