Job Title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Reports: In accordance with number rostered to work.
Role Purpose: Reporting to the General Manager, the Duty Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Cinema and offer the best possible customer service. The Duty Manager is also responsible for the preparation and showing of films and other content throughout the Cinema and to provide technical and maintenance support for the Cinema as required.
- Manage the shift so that customer service is at the best possible level.
- Open and closing the building in accordance with the cinema’s procedures; dealing with any emergency and planned building issues appropriately and reporting issues as necessary.
- Ensure the building is run in accordance with fire regulations and licensing conditions and that the health & safety of staff and customers is never compromised.
- Manage the staff on duty effectively including providing direction, training and feedback and allocating tasks to maximise the use of staff on duty; communicating relevant information to staff on duty and reporting back information to the management team and head office, as appropriate.
- Maintain standards so that all work areas are clean, tidy and well displayed at all times, that deliveries are dealt with at the earliest opportunity and that stock rooms are tidy with stock stored correctly.
- Take responsibility for stock and money throughout the shift, ensuring that records are accurate and honest, that tickets and products are sold correctly (e.g. tickets are sold at the right price for the right film) and that cash is stored in accordance with the Company’s insurance and security requirements.
- Be accountable for all areas of responsibility and administration and contributing to ad-hoc and project work within the management team.
- Prepare films and other content for screenings in a timely manner, with due care to avoid damaging material; securing films and other content to avoid opportunities for film theft and preparing films and other content correctly for onwards transport.
- Show films and other content in accordance with the cinema’s timetable and to the best possible standards of presentation.
- Maintain projection, sound and other AV equipment to ensure it is operating correctly, safely and to its optimum technical capacity.
- Alert the Technical Manager about projection technical issues and building maintenance issues that you are unable to resolve.
- Work with the management team to provide leadership to maximise the business’ growth and profitability at the Cinema.
- Ensure all work practices are carried out in keeping with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- Ensure all work areas under your control are maintained in a clean and safe manner to avoid hazards.
- At all times act in an appropriate manner toward patrons/clients/suppliers/members of the public and colleagues.
- Participate in cross functional training as assigned from time to time.
- Carry out any other instruction from the General Manager or other Manager of Element Pictures as assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th February 2020 with interviews due to commence the week beginning 17/02/2020.
Please send a cover letter, detailing why you believe you’d be the ideal candidate for this role and CV for consideration to email@example.com.