Here are the details about our Get into Film & TV Acting courses/Stanislavski workshops and Advanced Acting for Camera with Director Peter Sheridan-Actress Clelia Murphy and Writer of Fair City Hilary Reynolds.
Our next available GET INTO FILM AND TV ACTING for newcomers- 10 week all day Saturday course -starts on January 25th.10am-5pm.
- How to create a character
- How to break a script down
- Confidence building
- Acting for Camera-Angles-eye lines-framing
- Casting for TV Commercials
- Voice & Movement
- Audition and Interview technique.
- How to market yourself within the Industry.
- The Art of Self taping
- The C.V. and Agent
- Make a short Film from theory learnt in Class.
- Professional Showreel
- Professional Head showreel
- Here are a couple of links as to what the showreel and headshot would look like at the end of the course
- 10 weeks E65 Per Week
Advanced Acting for Camera: 3 Day intensive course.The Advanced Acting for Camera
Course takes place Friday February 28th & 29th and 1st March
It will be an intensive 3 Day course, employing two cameras, and focusing solely on film and TV scene work.
In advance, you will be given an assortment of film script extracts to work on, with actors then working together in pairs. These scenes will be filmed and then analyzed by the class.There will be a Masterclass with Film Director/Writer Peter Sheridan on film and the Art of Acting for Film.His class will be based on practical exercises for camera and playback based.
There will also be a Masterclasses with a Clelia Murphy and Hilary Reynolds-(Principle writer on Fair City )who will work on Acting techniques and script analysis for T.V. Soaps and the approaches an actor takes to bring a soap character to life.They will Analise the subtle techniques needed to master the development of Soap characterization.
Among other topics that Gillian Reynolds Casting will focus on:
* character and script analysis / the hidden subtext within the scene
* the importance of continuity within a scene / the creative use of props
* eye-lines/ .communicating emotions and thoughts without recourse to dialogue
* acting in TV sit coms,Episodic TV /Film / One camera or three-what is used for which medium
We will devote the last day for actors in group scenes, which will be filmed for instant replay and analysis.
Cost: 3 days E195
Stanislavski Workshoppcoming courses
You will be required to bring two film monologues to the workshop and Elizabeth will work with you on them.
Places are limited to 14.
The feedback on previous workshops to Dublin Central School of Acting has be excellent.
Stanislavski developed the method technique still being used by many actors world wide to help them create believable characters with real emotions and actions in the characters they portray. Stanislavski method acting is basically in seven steps.
Day 1-for less experienced actors: Specializing in:
Actors wishing to pursue a career in acting with some experience;
Stanislavsky history, warm up and exercises
Justification of an action
Day Two:For Experienced Actors-Specializing in:
Actors already in the profession wishing to hone their skills using the Stanislavsky technique.
Unlocking negative habits.
How to stay in feeling.
Stanislavsky warm up.
Scene Study.: Monologues.
Making your own work.