Unijobs are currently recruiting a Community Radio Producer/Presenter on a temporary part time basis. The position is for 20 hours per week for 6 months. The rate of pay is €12.30 per hour.
The role based in Limerick, and plays a key role in the development of relationships between Wired FM and partners, and potential partners locally and nationally
Wired FM is a Student Community of Interest Radio station. The station has an active policy of facilitating access, communication, and participation for all students to its studios which are located in Mary Immaculate College and Limerick Institute of Technology. Wired FMs mission statement states that the station; ‘provides a service that entertains while at the same time provides an accessible platform for information, debate and concerns pertaining to all aspects of student life and to create an awareness of the student community in the region’.
Broadcasting on 99.9FM in Limerick, Wired transmits daily during the academic year. The stations broadcast a wide range of programmes, including breakfast shows, student current affairs, documentaries, arts, literature and films shows. Music shows cover every genre, from trance to traditional, Ska to Soul, punk/metal and all in between. Always with an emphasis on local and unsigned talent.
The diverse student community of Limerick is made up of more than 30,000 learners, with various interests and participating in multitude of different courses.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the station and will have responsibility for a wide range of duties relating to the functioning of Wired FM, including broadcast production, recruitment, training and supporting volunteers.
- The production and presenting of a weekly arts programme
- The production of current affairs and lifestyle material as required
- Editing and copywriting; publishing podcasts and “listen back” material
- Develop content and features with staff and volunteers
- Liaise with local arts and community organisations
- Establish new connections with artists and the broader Limerick arts community
- Assist, facilitate and train station volunteers as required
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility.
- Other duties, as identified by station manager.
You will have a positive, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic approach to the range of tasks associated with Wired FM and have the ability to interact constructively, efficiently and effectively with staff and volunteers of Wired FM in an enthusiastic and affable manner.
- Radio broadcasting experience of at least 12 months
- Proven broadcasting ability – a recorded demo of 2-3 minutes
- Extensive audio editing and IT skills, knowledge of Adobe Audition or other similar software
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and constructively to broadcast deadlines
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- A strong interest in current affairs and a passion for the arts and Irish music
- Demonstrated knowledge of Irish broadcasting and podcasting
- A degree of flexibility regarding work practices and working arrangements
- Clearly demonstrated experience of using own initiative to solve problems
- An empathetic disposition and people-focused approach
The normal hours of duty are Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm with a 30-minute break each day. However, the duties attaching to the position are such that changes to the above can be negotiated on a week to week basis to suit the successful candidate, and the manager of Wired FM.