Dublin-based film and television Production Company behind projects ‘Extra Ordinary’, ‘Vita & Virginia’, ‘The Queen of Ireland’ and ‘Striking Out’ are seeking a full-time office manager to ensure the smooth running of the company. We require a very organised, proactive and positive individual to make sure the office operates smoothly and accounts and revenue requirements are kept up to date. The role requires the ability to recognise priorities, effectively manage time and delegate efficiently.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the office incl. general admin duties, scheduling meetings, screening calls, arranging office maintenance and IT management (liaising with our external IT company), responding to general enquiries; as well as negotiating deals and maintaining relationships with suppliers and vendors and being the main point of contact for banking, accountants and Revenue.
- Managing and overseeing bank accounts, general accounting, including project rebills, payroll, petty cash, cost reporting, Revenue returns (liaising with our external accounting team) and preparation for annual audit. Preparing (and chasing) sales invoices, and reviewing purchase invoices for payment.
- General accounts management including overseeing/coordinating post accounting on various projects including making payments, general accounting & audit prep; managing Blinder accounts – bank reconciliations, audit prep, accounts payable, accounts receivable, assisting with preparing Revenue and VAT returns and handling Thesaurus Payroll for the company.
- New project preparation, arranging (liaising with external accounting team) new company setups, Revenue registration & bank accounts set up and bank paperwork required for projects.
- Liaising with the Department and Revenue on S481 applications, managing and referring on queries and coordination of payments.
- Development Projects – setting up of development accounts and making payments, assisting with contracting, account reconciliation and cost reporting to funders.
- Assisting the development and production teams with research, admin and logistics including scheduling meetings, funding applications, arranging travel, engaging and overseeing freelance staff including work experience as required.
- Fostering a positive and motivated work environment for all employees and collaborators, making the office an inviting place to work and ensuring a high standard of communication with all staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to prioritise tasks and handle several tasks at once and excellent organisational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in handling accounts including payroll (Thesaurus) and revenue returns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be highly self-motivated.
- A minimum of one year’s experience working as an office manager or similar role and experience of working independently and as part of a team.
- A love of film and tv and a good understanding of the TV & Film industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Thesaurus, Microsoft Office in particular excel, and similar software.
Salary consistent with industry norms and commensurate with experience.
Start date: mid-January 2020
Please do not call regarding the position. Applications via email only.
In your cover letter please write a note explaining why you would like the position and why you feel you are the right person for the job.
Apply Now / Email: applications @ blinderfilms.com
Deadline: December 17th