JOB OPPORTUNITY AT RIVERBANK ARTS CENTRE
Theatre Technician (part-time)
Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge is currently seeking applications for the role of Theatre Technician (part-time).
The Theatre Technician is responsible to the Technical Manager and ultimately to the Venue Director.
In consultation with the Technical Manager, the Theatre Technician is responsible for assisting with the efficient realisation of all technical and staging requirements for performances and events at Riverbank Arts Centre and for providing technical support to all visiting companies, artists, groups and individuals in the presentation of the artistic programme at Riverbank Arts Centre.
Experience in a technical theatre environment is essential.
The Theatre Technician is a key member of the Riverbank team and is responsible for the smooth and effective operation of the centre’s events when on duty. The Theatre Technician will be required to work evenings and weekends as standard. A spirit of internal and external co-operation, collaboration and communication is an important part of the identity of Riverbank Arts Centre and staff at all levels are expected to maintain this spirit as a professional priority in their work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all Visiting Companies are made aware of all practicalities and possibilities involved in staging a show at Riverbank Arts Centre.
- Ensure that all Visiting Companies work within health, safety and fire regulations.
- Serve as a Duty Technician during performances and events, ensuring the smooth running of the event by efficiently addressing any technical problems which may arise backstage or front of house.
- Assisting with fit-ups as required, including overseeing or undertaking tasks such as rigging, focusing, plotting, building, installing and operating various elements of production paraphernalia.
- In consultation with the Technical Manager and Front of House Manager, take responsibility for securing the building, including setting alarms and serving as a key holder.
- Liaise with and assist the Technical Manager in general building maintenance.
- Keep production and performance areas tidy and free of rubbish while ensuring an adequate stock of equipment and tools are available for use.
- Maintaining appropriate timesheets in accordance with Working Time Regulations and working within schedules set by the Technical Manager.
- Keeping abreast of current work practices particularly in the area of Health and Safety and Covid 19 regulations and guidelines.
- Provide technical support to the work of other members of staff.
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety Policy along with the Child Protection Policy are adhered to at all times.
- Any additional duties as may be required by the Technical Manager.
- Previous experience within Theatre/Venue environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work efficiently in a time sensitive, pressurised environment.
- A willingness and flexibility to work irregular hours.
- Experience of programming and operating ETC and Strand lighting consoles as well as a fundamental knowledge of electrical practice and theory.
- Experience in the operation of Yamaha Digital Audio Consoles.
- Knowledge of show control programs such as Q-Lab with an ability to navigate both Mac and windows
- Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of Audio-Visual
- A fundamental knowledge of basic set construction and woodwork skills, as well as the ability to safely and efficiently erect scenery and fly equipment.
- Excellent timekeeping and the ability to efficiently manage their time
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Be literate in CAD & Vectorworks.
- Have relevant professional qualifications and training such as MEWP, Working at Height, Rigging Awareness & Stage Pass.
- Have excellent knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations such as PUWER, LOLER & Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- Have experience of visual art-handling such as installing, crating, packing.(Please note training will be provided to the right candidate in any of the areas listed above if/when required).
CONTRACT: Permanent – Part – Time.
HOURS: 20 Hours Per Week.
SALARY: €30-32k pro rata, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: CV & Cover Letter should be emailed to Aidan Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 12th November 2021.
Interviews will take place in the week beginning Nov 15th. A probationary period will apply. The position will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda clearance. Riverbank Arts Centre is an equal opportunities employer.
RIVERBANK ARTS CENTRE
Riverbank Arts Centre is a vibrant multidisciplinary venue in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. Riverbank Arts Centre works in partnership with international, national and local artists to deliver an accessible and consistently high quality arts programme in an intimate environment. We provide a multi-disciplinary programme which includes theatre, cinema, comedy, music, dance, workshops and visual arts.
With a dedicated children’s gallery, an extensive schools programme and programming of high quality theatre and workshops for younger audiences, Riverbank is also committed to promoting early engagement with and access to the arts.
Riverbank Arts Centre acknowledges the financial support of the Arts Council and Kildare County Council.Riverbank Arts Centre CLG Is a registered Charity (20074982) with Revenue Commissioners (CHY 19193)