At DCSA, students learn the difference between stage and film acting.
It is suitable for students who want to Act for Screen, or explore the possibility of Film Directing.
The course is led by Casting Director Gillian Reynolds.
The class is divided between instruction, followed by practicals – so all that is learnt in theory is immediately put into practice. We switch constantly from theory to demonstrations.
- How to create a character
- How to create back story
- How to break a script down
- Presentation skills
- Acting for Camera-Angles-eye lines-framing-lighting
- The 180 degree rule
- Confidence Building
- Casting for TV Commercials
- Storyboards for short Films/The Crew-what do they do
- Audition and Interview technique.
- How to market yourself within the Industry.
- The Art of Self taping
- The C.V. and Agent
- How to source auditions
- Make a short Film from theory learnt in Class.