Virgin Media One – Continuity Announcer
As a continuity announcer, you are Selling, promoting and marketing Virgin Media One programmes, Virgin Media on Demand and other areas of the Virgin Media business. The aim is to entice interest in the schedule through clever scripting and vocal delivery which connects with the viewer. You will be called on to use clear editorial judgement when it comes to scripting and delivery especially when it comes to programmes of a sensitive nature. At times you will need to liaise with other Virgin Media departments so excellent communication skills are a must.
Specific Tasks/ Duties:
Main Outputs: (e.g. reports, written correspondence)
- Writing and recording Continuity, Menus and Credit Squeezes for Virgin Media One
- Inputting voice over details into our scheduling system
- Working closely with VMTV scheduling team in relation to the scheduling of voice over’s and with the other continuity announcers on Virgin Media Television
- Voicing of additional on-air promotions or radio commercials as required.
Key Results Areas (e.g. deadlines or targets, measures of customer satisfaction)
- To script to tight deadlines
- Monitor changes and change material when required to do so, alerting viewers of the changes to their schedule
- Making yourself available if called on when Virgin Media One is showing big live events
Key Responsibilities: (responsibility for particular functions, staff, budgets, equipment, etc.)
- Communicating with the Continuity Coordinator
- Actively monitoring the schedule to pre-empt any revoicing and changes that may be required
- Script, voice, record and input links.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Working office environment
- Voice Over experience is a must
- Knowledge of ProTools
- A clear audible voice with excellent diction.
- Excellent writing skills. A continuity announcer is in effect a copywriter, writing links for the channel which combines promoting Virgin Media Television programmes in a friendly relaxed manner.
- Should be a self-starter and capable of working under their own initiative with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail a must.
- Home studio is a plus as it would allow the candidate to spend some of the 20 hours working from home.
Please apply with CV and showreel to the selected email before 10th May 2019 with “Continuity VO” in subject line.
Apply Now / Email: vmtvjobs @ virginmedia.ie
Deadline: May 10th 2019