A HETV Production with a very strong focus on Sustainability is looking for a person who is passionate about the environment to join the team as a Sustainability Trainee.
The Sustainability Trainee will work collaboratively with crew and suppliers to promote sustainability on the production and to encourage crew engagement with the production’s sustainability measures.
This is a hybrid position, working both on set and in the office, for an 11 week period from the end of August until the beginning of November. Filming will take place in the Dublin/Wicklow region. We typically work 10 hour days/50 hour week with some night work possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the emerging area of sustainable production and one that will provide opportunities to learn and grow. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate an interest in sustainability and the environment.
– Assisting with the day-to-day implementation of the production’s Sustainability Plan.
– Assisting with the coordination of recycling systems.
– Developing awareness raising measures to encourage cast and crew to reduce, reuse and recycle.
– Assisting the Sustainability Manager and Sustainability Coordinator with calculating and managing the Production’s Carbon Footprint.
– A full driver’s licence and access to a car is essential.
– A relevant qualification or experience in a similar role/environment.
– Knowledge of issues around sustainability and climate change.
– Knowledge of the etiquette of film production is preferred.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Meticulous attention to detail.
– Experience of using spreadsheets.
– Great problem solving ability.
– Ability to work on own initiative but also comfortable working in a team.
– A strong willingness to learn.
Please send an up to date CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com with the subject line “Sustainability Trainee”.