Golden Disc Group is Ireland’s oldest and largest home-entertainment chain. The company was established in Dublin in 1962. We operate 22 stores nationwide as well as a number of ecommerce businesses and currently employ over 200 people..
Our family is full of passionate sales teams, brilliant buyers, creatives, and people obsessive about music and film.
We are social, energetic and courageous people who are passionate about driving our ambitious plans for future growth in Ireland and abroad.
The company hires cultural fit and potential to grow within the business more than technical qualifications. It’s an exciting business in an industry that is going through a lot of change – this means our people must be adaptable, quick thinking and results focused.
The Ideal Person
We are looking for an experienced Social Media and Content Marketing Executive to join our team. To sit within the Digital and eCommerce team and help drive the group sales and marketing platforms.
This role covers digital marketing and organic social media activity for our retail stores and ecommerce businesses. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for marketing and all things digital. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience working for a growing ecommerce company in the entertainment industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of the various social media channels- content creation, analysis, and reporting
- Social campaigns – working with agency on creation, monitoring and analysis of paid campaigns on Social Media platforms
- Generation of creative ideas to engage audiences and potential customers to drive KPIs.
- Copywriting for all digital marketing communications
- Managing digital screens window content
- Manage email marketing.
- Support and training for managing local social media pages at store level.
- Monthly reporting – KPI pack
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Work alongside ecommerce team to develop creatives for campaigns and building out content plans.
- Plan, create and manage engaging content for website, email & social media campaigns across all brands, with emphasis on great graphics and video.
- Coordinate internal communications, updates, blogs, newsletter etc.
- You will be responsible for sourcing, creating / re-purposing, editing, and publishing approved digital content, to drive customer engagement.
- Monitor web/social traffic, budgets, conversion rates and prepare reports.
- Liaise and work with music labels and film studios on campaigns and promotions.
- Liaise with media, digital agencies, published sites, affiliates and third parties.
- Manage and evolve company’s tone of voice, ensuring consistency with brand positioning.
- The successful candidate must have a third level diploma or degree in related field such as Digital Marketing, Advertising Journalism, Multi-Media, Communications or Design.
- 3 years’ experience of working in a consumer/brand marketing role
- Proficient technical skills in MS Office, Photoshop, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Insights etc.
- Experience in Klaviyo is desired but not essential.
- Videography skills / editing would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Shopify is also desired but by no means essential.
- An interest in music & home entertainment also desired.
Skills & Competencies
- A passion for digital marketing and social media
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and how each platform can be best deployed.
- A demonstrated track record in planning and executing digital marketing campaigns.
- A creative individual with a commercial mindset and excellent communication and copywriting skills
- An ability to effectively plan, manage and prioritise multiple tasks under tight deadlines, working within the team and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate ambition and initiative in their work.
- Be results orientated.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and consumer trends
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Strong sense of impactful visuals and design in line with the brand and know how to work with others to deliver this.
Reference ID: GD001
Application deadline: 12/3/2021
Expected start date: 29/3/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00-€40,000.00 per year
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process