Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival
Taking place 23rd February – 6th March 2022, the Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film festival event. The Festival curates and presents the best in emerging international and Irish film for a wide audience through its annual festival.
We’re looking for talented people interested in learning about the film industry and expanding their skillset by working closely with an experienced team. Some experience is preferred, but natural talent, passion for film and dedication to learning more about the art of film programming are the most important qualities.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify with groups that are under-represented in the arts community, including persons with disability, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people, people from low socio-economic backgrounds and others with protected characteristics who are under-represented in the creative and cultural industries. We are happy to adjust the role to meet any accessibility requirements needed.
Job Title: Screener
Start Date: 3rd August 2021
Reporting to: Festival Director
The submissions screening process will take place online and start in August, with the majority of screenings taking place in Aug-Oct. A minimum screening of 10 features or 100 short films with written reviews will be expected, with the potential to watch more films based on performance. No training or specific education is required, and participants will have regular access the programming team for guidance.
- Watching submissions as assigned from FilmFreeway.
- Providing written feedback on the films screened.
- Participation in online programming meetings (4) between August and October.
- Helping with film synopsis/copy as needed.
- Watch out and take note of themes or recurring elements within submissions, particularly those that have been flagged as of interest for VMDIFF 2022.
- A chance to gain experience in basic film programming and festival curation.
- Festival pass to DIFF 2022.
- Extensive room to grow within the role.
- Fee as detailed above.
- Passion and understanding of film.
- General knowledge of Irish and international film and/or film industry
- Wide range of interest in film genre.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable watching films in their own time and working to hard deadlines.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Comfortable with public speaking (if needed)
- Strong writing and analytical skills are a plus
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Open minded and eager to learn.
- Creative thinker who is excited to thin outside the box and pitch ideas.
How to apply:
Send a cv and cover letter outlining your experience for the role to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 12 noon, 9th July 2021
Interviews will be held 15/16th July 2021
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and ethnicities.