Purpose and Scope of the Post:
The Gaiety School of Acting is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and creative Head of Marketing to lead the GSA’s Marketing Department.
The Head of Marketing will lead on sales and marketing strategy, development and communications for the Gaiety School of Acting across all the School’s activities. The candidate will have a proven track record in Public Relations and Marketing in an education or arts environment. The Head of Marketing will be sales focused and have experience in innovation and strategic planning.
In particular, the duties of the Head of Marketing will be:
- To develop and implement an effective marketing & branding strategy for the Gaiety School of Acting.
- Develop and deliver integrated marketing plans for the company and all events, incorporating communications, branding, audience development and sales strategies.
- To feed into the development of GSA’s Strategic Plan.
- Oversee production and distribution of all publicity online and print material including brochures, social media graphics, advertising, video, show programmes, etc.
- To build the reputation of the Two Year Professional Actor Training Programme.
- To creatively promote all of the School’s programmes and activities at a Local, National and International level.
- To continually explore all opportunities for developing Young Gaiety, part-time adult programmes, international programmes and corporate training throughout Ireland and beyond.
- Writing and dissemination of press releases.
- Oversee all Social Media including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok andYoutube, and identify new opportunities and emerging digital platforms.
- To oversee updating and content management of the school’s website ensuring the maximum effectiveness of that key marketing tool.
- Managing uploading of events to the CRM (Spektrix) and customer analysis via the same.
- To be responsible for data collection and effective analysis and use of customer data collected and for monitoring and evaluating marketing activities for the school.
- Compiling and delivering effective email marketing campaigns and devising ways tobuild on existing mailing lists.
- To monitor the effectiveness of all advertising and to maximise the effect of all publicity and advertising expenditure for the school.
- To develop the GSA sales team through retraining, customer service skills and honing their sales pitch and ensuring that they are familiar with all GSA products.
- To develop awareness of GSA’s international programmes and to foster new relationships with universities based in the USA and beyond.
- To assist the Educate team with the promotion of Outreach programmes throughout the country, including Erasmus plus projects and the Shakespeare in Schools programme.
- Work alongside the Corporate and Development Manager to promote the school’s extensive corporate training programmes.
- To assist the School Coordinator with the promotion of the school’s showcases and productions.
- Overseeing the smooth running of all Marketing and Promotional Events.
- Liaising with Alumni to create content for the school’s marketing campaigns.
- Line management of the marketing team, consisting of the Digital Media Associate, the Social Media Assistant and Marketing Assistant.
- Ongoing monitoring of the Irish and International media for news relating to Graduates,and ongoing promotion of same.
- Work closely with colleagues, sponsors and stakeholders to deliver agreed marketing outcomes and maximise branding opportunities.
- Represent and advocate for GSA with stakeholders, cultural and business partners and the press/media.
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the director.
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in a professional marketing, or communications role
- Substantial experience in public relations and marketing.
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe products, Web Management software and all MicrosoftOffice programs.
- Have an abiding interest in theatre and all the performing arts.
- Ability to network and be an ambassador for GSA.
- Extensive experience with social media and digital marketing.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time management.
- A self motivated individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Event Management experience.
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Works on initiative
Commensurate with Experience
20 per annum
Contract & Working Hours
Permanent. Full time working week totalling 40 hours to be delivered from Monday to Friday between the office hours of 10am – 6pm with occasional evening and weekend work required.Time off in lieu as per company policy.
There is a three month probation period.
All applicants should send a cover letter and CV for the attention of the General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Friday 24th February
Interviews: 13th-17th March 2023
April 3rd 2023