Due to the increase in Covid-19 cases and with an expected surge in the Autumn we have elected to do an online course. It will run for 10 weeks on Tuesday evenings from 6.15-915pm. (The Saturday course is now booked out) We have 5 places left on the Tuesday evening course.
We have done various classes online via Zoom and have found they work really well.
Led by Casting Director Gillian Reynolds the class is divided between instruction, followed by practicals – so all that is learnt in theory is immediately put into practice. We switch constantly from theory to demonstrations.
In a nutshell the course covers:
- How to create a character
- How to create back story
- How to break a script down
- Presentation skills
- Acting for Camera-Angles-eye lines-framing-lighting
- The 180 degree rule
- Confidence Building
- Casting for TV Commercials
- Storyboards for short Films/The Crew-what do they do
- Audition and Interview technique.
- How to market yourself within the Industry.
- The Art of Self taping
- The C.V. and Agent
- How to source auditions
- Make a short Film from theory learnt in Class- Finding the right content and shots!
AFTER THE COURSE- We hope to facilate the taking of a Professional Headshot and the Filming of a Professional showreel if students wish to avail of the opportunity and pending the status of Covid-19 as outlined by the HSE.
The course starts on Tuesday 15th September. The cost is E350 for the 10 weeks. Please email to reserve a place.
Leave A Comment