Deilg Inis Living History Theatre Company is seeking a full-time Actor for their Living History Programme in Dalkey Castle &Heritage Centre, a visitor attraction, open all year round.
Deadline for applications: 28th November 2019
Location: Dalkey Castle and as required by the company’s contracts
Terms: Full time
Remuneration: €19,033 pa payable fortnightly in arrears
Reporting to: The Manager/Director, Deilg Inis
Applications will be welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates, and especially those on the Live Register or from Community Employment/Jobs Initiative schemes.
Deilg Inis Living History Theatre Company is a full time seven-person professional theatre and management team based in Dalkey. The stated aim of the company is ‘to animate heritage theatrically in order to educate, entertain, interest and excite locals and visitors of all age groups, backgrounds and interests’.
DETAILS OF ROLE:
- Performing in Deilg Inis productions by day
- Participating in Deilg Inis’ community service projects
- Attending rehearsals on a daily basis as called by Director/Manager
- Researching and developing historical characters for use as required in on-going programmes of Living History at Dalkey Castle and Heritage Centre and elsewhere
- Researching and developing plays/excerpts for productions and projects
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the ideas and work of the company
- Participating in training and development provided
Experience Required: Minimum 3 Years of professional acting experience
Physically fit to carry out the role(s)
Acting experience that engages with the public
Professional Qualifications: Recognised 2-3 year full time acting course
How to apply
A letter of application together with Acting C.V. to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Deilg Inis Theatre Company, 17a Castle Street, Dalkey, Co. Dublin
Company: Deilg Inis Theatre Company
Enquiries should be referred to: Email: email@example.com